Introducing FrontSeat: The future of shopping is here!
In an exciting development for e-commerce in South Africa, FrontSeat, a pioneering venture from the Nfinity Media Group in partnership with Live Shopping, is poised to unveil a series of interactive live shopping experiences across a diverse range of verticals, from Baby and DIY to Gaming, Consumer Tech, Home Appliances, Décor and more.
How live shopping works
FrontSeat offers an interactive and engaging alternative to conventional online shopping experiences. At a live shopping event, a knowledgeable host or product expert introduces a diverse range of products or services. Virtual viewers can engage directly with the host, ask questions in real time and make purchases on the spot.
How? The technology allows brands to add their product and/or interactive call-to-action overlays over the livestream, allowing viewers to click on, interact with and add to cart within the video itself, without having to follow a link to start the purchase elsewhere. The live stream broadcasts are also available after the live broadcast and remain shoppable, so people who missed out on watching the show live can tune in afterwards. Although they can’t interact with the host, they can still watch the show and buy the products.
An incubator into the world of live shopping
FrontSeat operates through a seamless process of pre- and post-show promotion, live show hosting. The company handles all marketing, transactions and audience engagement, leaving brands to focus solely on fulfilling orders. Brands looking to venture into live shopping can benefit from the shared costs with other show participants and the audience brought in by FrontSeat, making it an accessible route to market for businesses of all sizes.
Joy Des Fountain, CEO of Live Shopping, says: ‘FrontSeat isn’t just shopping; it’s a dynamic, educational and entertaining experience. We’ve created a launch pad for brands to reap the benefits of live shopping by offering an economically viable solution to enter this promising market.’
The business benefits of live shopping with FrontSeat
FrontSeat’s live shopping shows provide an unparalleled opportunity for brands to connect with their target audience. According to a 2022 HubSpot report, the demand for video content is increasing, with 54% of consumers saying they want to see more video content from the brands they support. Companies report live shopping conversion rates approaching 30%—up to ten times higher than in traditional e-commerce—along with 40% reduced return rates.
Businesses choose to promote their products via live shopping to:
– Entertain and inspire: Engaging the audience with high-energy, personality-driven video programming that uses real people to highlight the brand, products and special offers.
– Inform and educate: Live product demonstrations educate audiences on product features and benefits, helping them make informed buying decisions.
– Connect and engage: The live chat and Q&A features allow shoppers to interact in real time.
– Get discovered: Streaming allows brands to access a live audience in the right vertical and showcase their products to hundreds (or even thousands) of potential customers.
– Get video content: Specific snippets can be extracted from the live show for further use and exposure.
Why audiences love live shopping
Live shopping has captured the hearts (and wallets) of audiences worldwide – and it’s not hard to see why:
– Exclusive product showcases: Live shopping events feature a curated selection of popular and brand-new products, giving viewers an insider’s look at the latest trends and must-have items.
– Irresistible promotions: Unique promotional offers and deals offer viewers incredible value and savings.
– Informative and relaxed atmosphere: Hosts and experts educate viewers about products in an approachable and easy-going manner, making it easier for consumers to make informed purchasing decisions.
– Real-time engagement: Viewers can ask questions, seek advice and receive instant responses.
– Seamless shopping experience: With the ability to make purchases directly from the live video, viewers can shop effortlessly without the need to navigate to a separate platform.
Get in the driver’s seat of live shopping!
‘FrontSeat’s goal is to amass a million social media followers. We will be hosting our first live show once we reach that milestone, where one lucky follower will drive away with a brand-new car,’ says Des Fountain.