Content Writer Vacancy
Media Company responsible for some of the best performing trade titles in South Africa is currently looking for a Content Writer across various brands.
As our Content Writer based in Johannesburg, you will be responsible for planning, commissioning, writing and optimising content for our products.
- Write and edit and publish content for print, websites (website copy), blogs, email campaigns, podcasts, e-books, whitepapers etc. Content must be clear and compelling with a distinctive voice for the company’s B2B clients
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach, ensure it is found by search engines and builds credibility
- Create content that motivates, inspires, educates, informs, sells, and provides information across a wide variety of digital platforms
- Produce marketing content that generates results
- Checking and signing off proofs and exercising other quality control functions
- Ensuring production deadlines are met
- Assisting in the creative and design process
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, sub-editing, fact-checking and proofreading skills
- Ability to edit copy to desired format
- In addition to good writing skills, you will need strong strategic abilities, meticulous attention to detail and outstanding people, planning and organisational skills.
- Experience with SEO, strong research skills, strong understanding of SEO and optimising copy for SEO purposes
- Collaborative spirit but able to work with own initiative
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Self-driven, efficient and people-oriented
- Problem-solver and able to manage multiple priorities, have problem-solving and lateral thinking skills
- Car and valid driver’s license
Interviewing, researching and crafting content
Shaping, evolving and carrying out content strategy and plans,
Collaborating and liaising with members of the design and production teams to ensure that our editorial content and delivery supports our overall brand goals and objectives;
Identifying suitable content partners and contributors, providing editorial guidance to content partners and identifying and delivering cross-promotional activities;
Proofreading and editing copy in adherence to the company’s editorial style guide.
Ensuring that you publish high-quality, error-free copy.
Contact: Sentient Publishing
Telephone: 011 475 5095